Dragonflies signal the beginning of the dry season, and the beginning of the dry season signals - GET BUSY!
There were so many announcements this morning during morning worship today.
1. Tuesday nights - Lectio Divina contemplation group begins again. For information, contact Stephen or Bronwyn or the Contact page.
2. Wednesday night - 5 00 p.m. meet at the church to discuss an Expression of Interest for funding for solar power and other innovations around the Mulch Pit and the whole property.
3. Wednesday night - 5 00 p.m. Kerygma music group practice.
4. Wednesday night - 8 00 p.m. "Saving Jesus" video and discussion series, Part Two. At the manse. Contact Jana or Paul or through the Contact page.
5. Thursday night - 8 00 p.m. Executive Group meets at the manse. This is the nitty-gritty management team that is designed to free up the Leadership Team for big picture thinking. Everyone is welcome. Minutes of the last meeting are posted here. Contact Jana or Paul or through the Contact page.
6. Grow Your Own workshops are starting again, thanks to Lakeside Drive Community Garden and various community groups. NUC will be hosting one or two of the workshops. For more information, go to this website for the Lakeside Drive Community Garden, part of a network of gardens in Darwin that includes our own Mulch Pit.
7. Bring quotes of wisdom from other cultures for the service next Sunday.
8. The 2nd edition of Community Chef was a great success with two teams cooking up beautiful Indian dishes and guest judges, Mythily and Krishnan, having a tough time picking a winner. Everyone was a winner who ate the beautiful food, and Lucy, you're a star for organizing it. Thanks, Andrew and Ruth, for providing the venue. Watch for the next one...
9. Boys group meets this Friday night to cook for Frilly's for Refreshment (listen to a podcast about Frilly's by going here. Subscribe to future podcasts on iTunes...) It's a special Fair Trade Fortnight awareness Frilly's on Saturday.
As always, Frilly's and the Op Shop are open this Saturday from 9 to 12, and there's gardening in the Mulch Pit from 8ish.
Why be bored - enjoy these alternatives at NUC - an alternative resource community.